Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rustoleum Angels in the Yard

Didn't I just say something in a post about Jana being a messy painter? Well, if you were looking for another reason to parallel the twins, here it is:


This is a photo of their front yard. As you can see, they live in the ghetto. Also, it's obvious that there has been some messy painting going on. This time however... the culprit was Kelsey.

She wasn't tagging her yard. Actually, she was being crafty and used spray paint to jazz up some picture frames. If you're asking yourself, "Why in the front yard for everyone to see?" The answer is... because she already tried it on the kitchen counters, and the result wasn't something that would grow back!

Dun Da Da Dun! Here comes Build Kindness to save the day. Kelsey told me about her predicament and how she couldn't get the paint off her counters. Regular cleaning supplies weren't doing the trick and she was afraid to use something more acidic for fear of making the problem worse. Luckily, I knew of a product at home depot specially formulated for removing paint from laminate.

So Tuesday, while I was at home depot getting supplies for a project I'm working on, I also picked up an 8 ounce tin of Goo Gone. That night when Jen and I had dinner with the twins and Schiebe at Pei Wei, I gave it to them. If we're lucky, maybe Kelsey will be kind enough to add some first hand commentary on her experience.

1 comment:

  1. Well, if we're being completely honest, I started spray painting in the living room. I know, it's probably one of my brighter moments (insert sarcasm here), but to my defense (can I really defend such stupidity?), I carefully placed large garbage bags all over the area I was going to spray paint. After a few frames were done, I decided to move it outside for multiple reasons. Aside from just being a really bad idea, our house began to fill with that nasty spray paint smell, and I may or may not have gotten paint on the carpet. Think about it -- the grass is already dead and will grow back, so no harm done, right? I mean, it's not like someone is going to take a picture of my front yard, and then blog about it later. Ha! Afterward, I moved the frames inside to dry on paper plates, and that's when the paint got on the counters. While I am the Queen of getting things out of carpet -- coke, red punch, and most recently spray paint --, I am not so skilled at removing stains from a countertop. Luckily, that's where you came in. And, had it not been for the Goo Gone stuff, the paint would have needed to begin paying rent because it never would have left! So, thank you Kevin Anderson.

    ReplyDelete