Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Possession is 9/10ths... and its in My Truck

Who here is familiar with craigslist.org? Yes, that question was rhetorical. Apparently everyone knows about craigslist. I just researched it, and CL gets 20 billion page views per month (about 20 billion more than this blog), and ranks 11th among web sites in the United States for unique monthly visitors. CL is not popular because it is a cool website. It's is beloved by all because it is a FREE place to unload your junk and buy other peoples!

Case in point- Jana, my wife's sister found a post for a TV on CL last week. It was listed as a 52" Sony HDTV for $100. When she told me about it I was like, "HA. YEAH RIGHT!" Then she asked if I would take her to pick it up in my truck, and I swear to you... if I had not just started this whole build kindness thing... I would have said no! I am not interested in chasing rainbows (meaning I was very skeptical that the deal was on the up and up).

Sunday came along and I begrudgingly made my way out to her place. I picked her up and we drove out to the house where the TV was located. I was so convinced that I was wasting my time that I didn't even get out of my truck when Jana went in to see the TV. A few minutes passed and I figured that I should go inside to make sure she wasn't being murdered. When I walked in and saw the TV (they had a basketball game on) my jaw dropped. The thing was perfect. I clicked into hurry-up mode thinking that we needed to get the TV in my truck quickly before the guy changed his mind!

We loaded the TV and headed on our way laughing about the deal. Jana knows about my blog, so she commented that I should write how I helped her pick up the TV as my building kindness for the day. I was like, "That sounds good and all, but you've heard the saying that possession is 9/10ths of the law? Okay good. Because I'm not counting picking up the TV as my act for the day. Instead, I have to consider the fact that I'll be unloading it at your house as my act."

Honestly, picking it up was easy... dropping it off was hard. I wanted to keep it so bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment