Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wii Little Mistake

Have you noticed the one-day-impulse-buy phenomenon sweeping the internet? Basically, online retailers are putting single items on sale for the limited time of one day. It's good for the consumers, because they get great deals on things, and it's good for the retailers because they're moving a lot of product and driving traffic to their sites daily.

Woot.com is the originator of this idea. Being the first, they really raked in the dough for a while. But now that there are so many deal-a-day sites, they're starting to lose some followers. To counter this, woot has added a new extension to their original site, sellout.woot.com. The main purpose of sellout.woot is to let other deal sites piggyback off of woots success. It's pretty smart if you think about it. They are going to lose market share no matter what, so at least this way they get paid something when people go to the other sites.

The other day I saw an amazing deal for a rechargeable Wii remote station. It was such a good price, I bought it for my parents. Wednesday it arrived in the mail, so I packed it up and took it to give to them as my act to build kindness for the day. Unfortunately... I left it in the car. It wasn't until Jen and I were headed back home that I remembered the Wii station.

So... today was my first mess-up with the build kindness thing. Sorry Mom and Dad... it's at your house now.

Look at all the major sites doing daily deals now thanks to woot's idea:

1 comment:

  1. If you're looking for a good website to track all the daily deals out there... try DealSucker.com! It is thorough.

    ReplyDelete