Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Meeting New People

Friday I played golf. Saturday I played golf. Life is hard for the kind.


Every year the Capital City Golf Association hosts a pro tournament in Nashville. The tournament is open to amateurs too, therefore it's a huge golf community event annually. This was the first tournament that Kenny Perry won when he turned pro. He credits it for giving him the confidence to believe that he can go out and win on the PGA Tour. My dad and uncle have been playing as amateurs in this tournament for a few years and last year I decided that I want to try it out too.

The deal is that if you are a member of the CCGA (which cost $60 to join) it will only cost you an additional $60 to play in this tournament. If you are not a member, then the entry fee for amateurs is $150 for this one event. So, it's a no-brainer... last year I joined the CCGA just for this one event.

This year I thought I would join earlier and play in more events. It's kind of a networking thing, but also I want to try and get more competitive with my golfing. The deal Saturday was the first event of the year hosted by the CCGA. It was a new member scramble were they take all the newbies and pair them up with older members. Of the three other golfers on my team, I only knew 1. Actually, of the 40 other golfers playing in the scramble... I only knew 2 (and one was Scheibe). It was good though.

Anyways, I wanted to make a good impression with these guys, so for my act to build kindness I bought them some Snicker's at the turn. One guy, Chris, was really excited about it. He said that the CCGA needs more new, young members like me. Even though my team didn't win, it was a fun event, and I look forward to meeting more people at other things in the year to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment