Friday, March 19, 2010

Kindness Sunday

To all the sporty folks out there... remember when the greatest reward for a game well played was ice cream or cokes with the team. In Fairview, Sonic was the consummate favorite for post game shenanigans. At the time, I thought we always went there because that's where we (the kids) wanted to go. We knew Sonic for its ice cream treats and soft drink variety... but now that I'm older, I am starting to see Sonic more from the the parents' prospective. Yes, the place has great eats and treats, but Sonic has tons of post athletics logistical advantages too.

Just think about it. You've got a double digit group of dirty, loud, excited little kids. Do you want to take them to O'Charley's?! No, you want to go somewhere that's outside, informal and caters to the hyper. You want to take them to Sonic. At Sonic parents don't need to worry about changing their kids out of their cleats and uniforms. When the little brats start reliving the game's most exciting plays in full volume and real time speed, parents can confidently step back and allow them their moments of glory.

I'm thinking about Sonic because... well, that's what highly intelligent Middle Tennesseans do when the weather makes an upward turn for Spring and softball season is on the horizon. I have a lot of good memories from my times at Sonic. Even as twenty-something adults, it remains a post game ritual for a group of us go to the Sonic near the softball fields in Franklin for drinks, food and the quintessential Sonic Blast.

Since I like Sonic so much, why no share the love? The picture you see below I taped $2.25 to one of my Build Kindness cards. I thought that it would be neat if I left the card randomly on one of the menu boards. I put it out on Friday, and I know for sure that is was still there Saturday. I didn't check on it again until Thursday, and it was gone. So, success... I think. Someone got it, I just don't know how, when or what they did with it. It would be intriguing to know the circumstances behind the discovery, but I'm not crossing my fingers. Instead, I'd be interested to hear your feedback. What would you think if you found this card? What would you do with the money? Would you go to the blog?

1 comment:

  1. Really, it's a win no matter how you look at it. If they got it and never go to the blog, win. If they go to the blog but never speak out, win. If they become a contributor to the blog's mission, win. Obviously, the latter would be the most exciting, but all of the three are great options.

    ReplyDelete