Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Go Granny Go

So far all of the acts for building kindness that I've done have been smaller. It makes sense that I can't do large things everyday, but it's nice to do something major once in a while. Last Saturday I did my first BIG act to build kindness.

My Granny has had some medical issues lately and she's now reliant on an oxygen tank 24/7. This has created some mobility issues for her. The good news is that last month she was approve for a power chair. The bad news is that she couldn't use it because her house didn't have a ramp.

Insert me, the builder of kindness and wooden structures. My parents bought the materials and I provided the tools, design and labor. If you count picking up the lumber, the hour and a half of driving and the construction itself... the whole project took about 5 hours. Here are a couple pictures. One of me and my brother building the ramp and the other of the completed project.

No comments:

Post a Comment